Monday 5 January 2015

DIY 2015 Memory Jar + My New Years Resolutions

Hello everyone! Happy New Year! I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year :)
Today I am bringing to you a mini DIY and my New Years resolutions to start off fresh this year.


This DIY is pretty self-explanatory so I won't bore you with writing out a list of what to do. You can customise this jar to your liking. I got this glass cookie jar from the Warehouse and simply tied a bow around the opening with ribbon. I made a '2015' tag and threaded it onto the ribbon. Lastly, I used double sided cellotape to attach the 'memory jar' label. I also reverse-rounded the edges of the label.

What is a memory jar?
A memory jar is basically a jar that you use to collect little things that represent various memories from over the year. e.g. you could add movie tickets, convention tickets, polaroids, little written notes of what you did etc. At the end of the year you open up the memory jar and reflect on all the lovely memories that you've had :) I think it's really therapeutic to look over the positive memories of the year. Even creating a memory jar is great for making something that represents a fresh start for the year.

Onto the second part of this blog post...

My New Years Resolutions (which are usually nothing special and pretty common resolutions for everyone):

1. Drink more water
My skin varies from normal to dry and when it does get dry, it's really bad. To help prevent this I have decided that I will try my best to religiously drink water. This shouldn't be too hard now that I've discovered flower tea (omg it is so delicious I am already OBSESSED).

2. Read more
I will try my best to read at least 1 book per month. This might not seem like a lot to you but I'm such a slow reader so it's always difficult to get through books. I'm also going to force myself to read more classics in order to improve my English and literacy skills :)

3. Study habits
I'm pretty good with organising to-do lists and studying but I procrastinate. This is literally one of my new years resolutions every year but I have got to stop procrastinating. Year 12 is game time.

4. Exercising
I will try my best to go for a run at least 3 times a week (which is A LOT for someone like me; I NEVER run). I'm also going to try to eat healthier by eating healthier snacks after school and putting more fruit and veg into my diet. Blogilates is also a great online work-out that I really enjoy doing; so I'm going to try and do Blogilates more often.

5. Positivity
I'm generally quite a positive person already but I'm going to try to maintain my positivity this year. I want to be kinder, give more complements and give random acts of kindness more frequently.

What are your new years resolutions this year?

Bye for now,
Cindy

2 comments :

  1. This is such a good idea Cindy! Happy New Year xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie!! <3 Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete